Juniata College International Student Health Insurance Waiver Reports
Deadline to submit Waiver Report application to IE Student Health: August 24, 2017
Deadline to submit Waiver Report to Juniata College: August 31, 2017
All international students who use F-1 or J-1 student visas to enter the United States are required by Juniata College to carry health insurance. Juniata international students may either keep the mandatory student health institutional policy or purchase their own health insurance policy which meets Juniata College’s waiver requirements, which are as follows:
- A minimum of $500,000 per condition without time limitation
- A policy year deductible of $500 or less per individual
- Student’s portion of coinsurance cannot exceed 25%
- Coverage for both inpatient and outpatient medical services
- Coverage for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services
- Prescriptions up to a minimum of $100,000
- A maximum out of pocket limit of $2000 per individual and $4000 per family
- Coverage for medical evacuation to the student’s home country in the amount of $50,000 or more
- Coverage for repatriation (removal of remains after death) to the student’s home country in the amount of $25,000 or more
- J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital must be considered an in-network provider
- Coverage cannot exclude illness or injury resulting from intoxication.
- The policy must be underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of “A−” or above; a McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor’s Claims-paying Ability rating of “A−” or above; a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of “B+” or above; a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating of “A−” or above; a Moody’s Investor Services rating of “A3” or above; or be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the student’s home country
[Note that the above criteria both meet and exceed the minimum requirements listed in J-1 visa regulations found at 22 C.F.R. § 62.14.]
Insurance must be valid for the duration of the Juniata College Fall Semester: 08/24/2017 to 12/15/2017.
If you are a Juniata College student who has purchased your own health insurance, you can use this website to apply for a Waiver Report. IE Student Health will review your policy and send you the Waiver Report, which will describe how well your policy complies with Juniata College’s waiver criteria. You will then use your Waiver Report to apply for a waiver with Juniata College. If your waiver application is successful, you will be released from the mandatory health insurance policy issued through Juniata College.
Health Insurance Waiver Report Application Instructions:
- Pay the $25 evaluation fee via PayPal. Start by clicking HERE.
- Email your health insurance documents ONLY (no visa documents, please!) to JCWaiver@iestudenthealth.com. Please ensure that all cards, policy summaries, and policy details are included. If you have (an) F-2 or J-2 dependent(s), please include all dependent insurance documents as well. (Only one fee is required per family.)Please Note: If the PayPal account you used to pay is under another person’s name, please let us know in the email when you submit your insurance document.
Waiver Reports must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08/31/2017.
Please send any questions or concerns about the evaluation service to JCWaiver@iestudenthealth.com. We are pleased to provide this important service to International Students at Juniata College.